background

Thursday, October 14, 2010

PMS-y Internet dating

For real... I should dodge The Man Site in the week leading up to, you know, that week... the one men only talk about with a wince and a pale face?  That one.  I'm a total bitch.  Let me recreate a question/answer from clever G.

G asks: Why are you on The Man Site? What are you looking for and most importantly are you really ready to date (now, ready for dating me is another question entirely :) )?    

SMILF replies: Seriously? Asking that question reeks of bringing baggage into a first date lol... I'm on The Man Site because I'd like to start dating again. I'm looking to meet people and get to know them if we seem to click, and yes, I'm really ready to date.

Oy, if we were drunk in a bar, I'd slap me!  Must focus on being flirty, fun me all weeks of the year.  Or get my readers to answer all questions 1 out of 4 weeks... hmmm, that could be pretty fun!

What I could have said:  I'm on The Man Site to meet YOU, G!  Silly man!  You're exactly what I've been looking for, and I could not be more ready to date you! 

Nope, I could not have said that and met my eyes in the mirror for at least a week.  It really does reek of baggage.  Oh well, moving forward, potential candidates will have to have a thick skin for P week... it's good to test the waters now, right?  That's what I'm telling myself.  Now where's my salty/chocolatey binge snack...





1 comment:

  1. Hey... I'm all about the honesty. Personally, I liked your response!

    Sometimes it's exhausting to have to be all flirty with someone who's making stupid comments.

    ReplyDelete