background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What The?

In January, it will be 3 years since I had sex. THREE. YEARS. Old me would have laughed and pointed fingers at new me. Old me would blame every black look and bad day someone in new me's position on a need to get some. Old me would have never let this happen. New me hates old me, a little. Maybe because old me was dating. Old me had prospects. Wait! New me has prospects! Or does she?

Three years is long enough to forget how to ride that bike, or keep you off that horse you fell off. I think there's a guy that thinks I'm cute? <--- that question mark there... that's the 3 years talking.

About a month ago, I joined a gym. I wasn't overweight, but I was (am?) flabby. Sitting on your butt in front of a computer every evening, and 5 days a week for the last 2 years at my desk will do that. Now, three times a week I trudge around the corner to a gym to run on a treadmill, or, as I call it, sweat like a middle-aged, 400 lb man in full view of strangers. It's hot - and I do only mean core temperature hot.

Anyway... when I registered, there was this adorable guy signing me up, Rylan. Rylan has some small visible tattoos and a nice smile... and I'm a sucker for both. I'm signing up for the gym though - all I can think is, "Fuuuuuuck. I haaaaaate the gyyyyyyyym", and, "Fuuuuuuuuck, I haaaaaaad to wear this dress today, which prominently displays my tummy flab roll over my thong for Ryyyyylan to seeeeee. Fuuuuuuuck".

I swear a lot in my head, now that I can't swear in front of the kid... unless I want to hear again all week.

Turns out, Rylan is there at the desk every time I show go. He remembers my name. He asks how my weekend was. He jokes around with the admittance buzzer. He teases me about whatever he can seize on. We talk about running. I can't look at him without grinning... and he's always grinning at me. He's always making eye contact. Better than making eye to boob contact - or is it?

I don't know what this is? Wishful thinking? I'm sure it's his job to be friendly, but short of stalking the desk, I can't know if the undersexed me is making a good employee appear to be angling to asking me out. I'm so out of practice, I might next be thinking the nun in line behind me wants my number because she threw a benevolent smile my way.

Readers? What's my next move? Is he interested, or good at his job? I generally get REALLY flustered and say "Hi" and "Bye" and that's about all I can get out around the marbles in my mouth. What would you do?

4 comments:

  1. Stalk him-hee! No, let me tell you, whenever I've been to a gym the guy with the great grin and small tattoos NEVER flirted with me or teased me with a buzzer (??!!) The guy obviously likes you.

    Arrange a running date with him. Go for his ego. Tell him you have a lot to learn and ask if the gym has a running group or if he ever runs and you can join him.....then as you run, jump him in the bushes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to open up the conversation to more than just hi and bye. You need to find out more about him.... Like, is he single??

    I think there's more to it than just "good at his job".................. But then, I'm ALSO an undersexed single mom with a two year old who is having an unfortunate anniversary in January. So really, my judgement isn't much better than yours.

    Good luck! Tell Rylan it's nice to see him on your next visit to the gym. DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and bye just ain't gonna cut it, MILFy Momma.

    At the very least, if you can't muster a smart, sassy, flirty one-liner for him(you have plenty up your sleeve, I read them everyday) - wear your most flattering cleavage shirt and some sexy perfume!

    (And yes, it's probably a scent free enviroment, but it'll only make him notice your musky scent more...or send him into convulsions and then you can slip him the tonge during CPR!)

    Good luck, he sounds exciting...and real...and NOT 45 minutes away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, OK i read this intro to Rylen AFTER reading your Rylen update. I fully suggest some subtle stalking (like a previous commenter said). Or, do you have any friends at work who you could bring with you on a free guest pass so that they can give you their objective opinion on how friendly IS friendly?

    Having gone to many gyms at different times...they don't HAVE to be that friendly. They don't HAVE to joke around with you. And they most certainly don't have to talk to you about running (or whatever the workout you're doing is). i think he's going above and beyond. And I think he wants you to send him some signals. That's what I THINK!!!! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete