background

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My POF profile

To address all the positive comments from readers yesterday - have no fear, I'll keep trying.  If I quit, I swear I'll never date.  To jesslikesstuff - I'm WAY ballsier online, making opening a dialogue so much easier, plus, online it's evident, "SMILF LOOKING TO DATE"... and unless I wear a tee into the gym for Rylan, there's no way for timid ol SMILF to get that across to him with "Hi" and "Bye" being our only reliable conversations.  Do you know a good printer taking small orders?


Today's winner, from a 29 year old (I'm 33)... one line in my inbox:
danng for a white chick you got sum great curves 

Well, danng, for a "mixed race with black hair" you got sum great lines

Not.

Got an email from the teacher, and there's a couple guys I'm chatting with, no stand outs to report.  I'm getting good feedback on my profile when it's NOT emails like the above - since there's not much to report, I thought I'd let you read the profile and comment to your heart's content... Enjoy!


About Me
Hi!

I'm just starting out in the dating game as a single mom to a 2 year old. It's... different! Definitely happy and content with life as a mom, and have a good job I'm happy with... it makes dating less urgent somehow? Taking my time to find someone as awesome as the two of us :)

I like to write and read, bake and crochet. Hiking and the great outdoors are where I'd like to spend more time - I was raised in a small country town 3 hours from the GTA - and I'm still a country girl at heart... I even *gasp* prefer country music, though I'm down with the Dean Blundell Show too :)

I'm really looking for dating/long term... the 20's and casual hookups kinda gross me out - I like cute guys with nice smiles that doubt I mean it when I tell them I think they're hot because they don't see it :)
And being a gentleman goes a long way.
 
First Date
There would be coffee. And laughter. Or no second date :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a guy, but I am a tomboy, and I'd want a date after reading that!

    go SMILF go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it.

    It's not annoying. it's not boring. It's not too long, it's not too short. It's honest. And as a big fan of emoticons, i like the smilies :).

    Any new news on any guys?

    I think it might be wise to spend a couple extra hours a week at the gym. When Rylan is there. Not necessarily asking him out just....being there when he is :). Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete