background

Monday, October 18, 2010

Spent The Weekend Frogging...

Seen on profile that contacted me:
If you message me.. Please no wh0res, I'm not 19 anymore!!!

So I did not respond.

What girl reads that and says, "Oh, I'm a total loose caboose... I guess he's not for me."  COME ON!  The only thing he's warning off are nice women.  Idiot.

Plenty of Frogs makes me feel really dirty.  You know how you've feel when you've been eating well, and you're in a pinch one morning, so you stop at McDonalds for the first time in 4 months and decide to get your old fallback, The Big Mac, big sized, and you eat it in the car and it TASTES. SO.  GOOD. and then you drop some sauce on your collar
*pause for air*
and you finish it quickly and after 5 minutes you just feel ashamed and queasy that you'd been doing so well with your diet and now FLUCK IT!  You might as well give up.  You feel greasy, and fat.  And horrid.  And hours later, you can still smell the burger from the spot on your collar and it makes you want to barf and reminds you of your shame all over again...


That's Plenty of Frogs.  Instant gratification from the messages that pour in, but it's all garbage.  And the email reminders from the site to your inbox saying you've got new mail later that day... that's the spot of sauce on your collar reminding you all day that you went there.


There's plenty of action, for sure.  I've only searched twice, and yet, my inbox is filled with messages.  99% of them are this message or a variation on it:

Your pritty 

Ew

I'm going to keep logging on, because if I stop, I know I'll just stop trying to be anything other than a mommy altogether.  I'm a little discouraged.  Plus, I do giggle regularly reading the profiles of men that think I might fall for them based on, "hey ur eyes r nice watdo you like to do 4 fun"

The Footnote, Doug, commented cuteness on my FB status this weekend.  Stupid nice guy.  I'm deleting him March 15th, 2011 if he hasn't asked me out again by then.  Remind me.

SMILF owt.

5 comments:

  1. Keep weeding out the frogs....you shall succeed...always remember this:

    'Your pritty'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to encourage you, Mandy. I also did a few of the "sites" and "services" 5 yeas ago. I emailed and met plenty of frogs, but I DID finally find my husband (on Equally Yolked). There are so many to weed through. I hope you can find what you want!

    --Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, if nothing else, perusing these ads has got to be a guilty pleasure? Like, a better use of time than checking perezhilton? Why not keep it up...A compliment is still a compliment regardless of spelling and grammar.

    Guaranteed there are a few good men on there. Trust me, my friend's husband is one of them...kidding, totally. They can't all be frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooo. OK. Yes. Lots of gross, nasty guys on there. I have a friend who recently swore off dating for the forseeable future after a few gross dates that she met on there. BUT!!! I also have a friend who recently married the MOST amazing guy who she met on there. SO....I vote that you a) keep logging on and b) try a few other sites. They're all different and they all attract a totally different mix of guys.

    But, really, I'm confused as to why you need the 'net at all when you have a doting potential date greeting you every day you go to the gym. Why not give Rylan a real shot?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second the gym guy!!! Be flirty with him and see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete