background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Texting, Again?

Doug sent me a text again.  Guess what I did?






WROOOOOOOOONG!

I played it cool.  It damn near killed me, and I think I'm greying from the effort - but I DID it.  I'm STILL doing it... because trust me, I think about sending him a text about every 3 minutes.  Kind of like quitting smoking.  I'm sure Day 3 will be the hardest too.

He let me know camping in the rain was all worth it, that it's not much fun doing it alone, but that he DID have fun.

I want a virtual hug after you read what I wrote: That's a great message!  I'm really glad it was a good experience after all. *smiley face*

See!?  See what I did there?!  Not open ended!  Not trying to engage in conversation!  Go me!

OH!  I just allllllmost texted him while I reviewed my text reply for this post.  Almost sent him, "All warm and dry?"

Shite, this is tough NOT BEING ME. 


Sorry Don Draper... guess what's happening tomorrow?

Well... Since joining the gym about 2 months ago, I've only used the treadmill to run.  I work out on my lunch, because I don't have care for Shae, and I go three times a week.  My incentive was that at 33, I was looking at my CALVES and seeing cellulite.  I didn't think humans had fat cells on calves?  So, I resolved to run those MFers off.  *Sorry to be coarse, but seriously.  I felt strongly about those dimples.

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed my calves, thighs and butt are pretty much dimple free!  So, being a woman, I found something else to hate.  My sagging baby belly fat, and my jiggly upper arms.  Both not atrocious, but certainly worthy of some healthy, womanly self hate. 

But!  No way was I going to add more gym days to do weights!  That was my excuse.

Really though... I just had no idea what those freaking machines did, and really didn't want Rylan to come over and ask me "not to use the ab machine for weird butt thrusts", ya know?

So I kept heading to the treadmill.

But on my way out today... I asked Rylan if he wouldn't mind showing me how to use a couple of the machines.  It's on like Donkey Kong.  One on one time.  Full report will follow.  I can't POSSIBLY stay mute the whole time, right?  Eat it, Draper! 

I shaved my legs for it.  It's okay to laugh.

4 comments:

  1. YAHOOOO!!!

    I am totally stunned (and proud!) that you even spit those words out to R! It borders on ballsy for you.

    Titalating. That's right, it really is. Can't want for the update.

    And Doug...way to go with him too. You are on a roll. I bet he can tell from your texts that you shaved your legs. It must be driving him wild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a mother bird who has thrown her little baby out of the nest and the little one is fumbling about and learning to fly! Good show SMILF!! I am very happy to read about your cool calm text to Doug....now come over here I've got a juicy wiggly worm for you to eat-you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAYYYY SMILF! Great job! I'm so so SOOO excited for the update!

    Great job with NOT texting Doug today. (I'm not so successful with Mike, but whatev. Maybe I'll learn after he turns into a footnote too. *sad face*)

    I can't wait for an update tomorrow.... Minimum wage jocks with jaw bones are the best. Right Don?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go SMILF!! I know it must have been tough to talk to Rylan, but I know he likes you. Please keep updating us!

    ReplyDelete