background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brett - Date 1

Well, Brett is cute in that scruffy, manly, "I work outside doing manly work" (he has a commercial grounds company franchise) way.  He's also pretty serious, might be a little shy, has a nice smile when he shows it... and ummm... not grabbing my attention. 

We met at Starbucks to pop his Starbucks cherry... that's right, he'd never been.  THAT was fun.  We talked some Starbucks... talked coffee.. talked past weekend... talked colds... pretty exciting stuff.  I waited and listened for a "click"... silence.  Nothing going on there.  He is the kind of serious that pulls at me to do silly things and MAKE laugh, if you know what I mean... like poke a finger in his uptight butt as he walks up stairs in front of me... but, I'm not sure we'll get to that. 

There was no "Nice to meet you" text as a follow up.  Men don't lose points for failing to do it, but they lose the opportunity to make me smile, thereby granting bonus points.

I can't remember ever talking about children beyond, "Yeah, I want them someday", with any one I've dated in my single gal life, and I've certainly never had a vested interest in a man's reply to a story about a child, or the answer to the question, "Have you spent much time with any kids".  Brett's reply to that... "Just my nephew... then I get to hand him back".  I think that is fairly standard for single man speak.  Single man dating is way harder conversation wise than single dad dating - my early thoughts on this.

He's pretty boring.  Maybe he thinks that of me and The Girl talk too.  But, I think we'll have coffee again.  There's nothing going on, and maybe he'll sneak up on my affections.  We'll see. 

3 comments:

  1. *Yawn*

    BB = Boring Brett.

    I continue to have hope for BB because I'm a die-hard romantic and I can't help myself. Hopefully it's just a matter of..... *yawn*

    Oh sorry, I fell asleep for a second...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett's toast...plain..dry..white bread toast.....keeping digging SMILF, he's buried out there somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I think I'm officially off the BB bandwagon. Maybe you can have a nice friend in him. The kind you see every so often because it's convenient and then forget about 10 seconds after you've parted. It can never hurt to have another person to grab a coffee with to break up the work week, right? Glad you gave it a go. You never know until you try. Plus, any date is good date practice. :)

    ReplyDelete