background

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HELP!

So... what's a transitioning SMILF post about?  OH!  I know.  I really do need your assistance.

Brett attended his best friend's funeral... and he is BBMing me some pretty trusting stuff.  I feel like a giant A-hole.  Or a douche.  Or a douchy A-hole.  What the heck do I do?  All comments appreciated.  Did I mention he's only been in the city a few months and thereby has NO close friends in the area?  I mean, it's not like we have "been dating"... so it's not a break up.  But I feel like a monster saying right now, "Oh, by the way, I might be seeing someone now, sooooo....".

Help!

5 comments:

  1. Just be there for him. No need to drop any dating bombs on him. Save that for when he comes at you for a French kiss..with lust in his eyes and lips wet with love spit....but for now just be there as a friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree be supportive but no flirting (not even the playful-kidding kind)he is vulnerable right now. But you should not be feeling badly you are not doing anything wrong, you were not at the point of promising to "date" only him! Keep your dating options open, and they do not need to know about each other at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. be there to support him, but keep your dating business to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above. Supportive with no hints of romantic. I think you'll sense when he starts moving the conversations back into the realm of flirty, at which point you can shut it down quickly. Until you sense him going there, leave it be :). That's what I'd do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100% agree. Be a friend and let him talk to you about everything he's going through unless you sense it getting lovey-dovey.

    ReplyDelete