background

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hotness?

Nothing really current to relay to you - sent an email to Josh, received an email back... a couple of silly texts.  Thought I'd talk about something that's always plagued me.

Boys that are hotter than me.

No one wears a number around, and I'm sure many greater than me will tell me physical beauty is subjective, and that this is a silly concern.

I am not that big.

Josh, I can tell by checking out ALL his Facebook photos, is way hotter than me.  He has a strong jaw (go on, fling yer terd, Draper), warm, wide smile and has that casual cool bohemian thing that automatically assigns you one level higher on the hot scale.

Like Brad Pitt is hot... but Brad Pitt is just THAT MUCH MORE hot, because he can rock a fedora and goatee, you know?  And McConaughey... with the bare feet, naked chest, hippy beads and jeans hanging off his chiselled hips?  Men that can do that can date 2 rungs over their own rating (if that is possible...)

sigh.
 
Anyhow, my little grade school insecurities ALWAYS flare when I go into a first meeting thinking "He's WAY too hot for me".

That's all.


Anyone reading marry someone they felt was much hotter than themselves?

3 comments:

  1. didn't marry him, but my 1st love (and i dated him at several pts in my life before i did marry) - so pretty. i was a pretty little thing back in the day, but man, a few of my brutally honest friends were like - how did you score a guy that hawt - um thanks...thing is he had a beautiful soul but a teeny weeny :( can't have it all, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say that you are absolutely crazy to think that you are not a hot little # yourself...Speaking from actual experience after several different visits/occasions I have received MANY comments/questions about my "super hot blonde friend". Don't ever doubt that you are a looker and a CATCH. You should also be exuding(sp?)the kind of confidence that you speak of in this post. Now get out there and STRUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh SMILF, you're crazy to think that Josh isn't wondering the same thing. You're gorgeous inside and out...don't forget it for a minute!

    And I'll whole heartedly second Jan, STRUT woman, STRUT!

    P.S. Listen to your tea.

    ReplyDelete