background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Less Gray

Huh, it occurred to me that the whole Josh issue was a gray area too... Damn, I hate missed opportunity working on a theme!

Josh and I talked... we ARE going to take The Girl to a park at the beach this weekend, just to meet.  We had a pretty good connection, I think we're both curious to at LEAST shake a hand, you know?  I hope it doesn't cloud the issue for me. 

Ya'll are correct - it IS a dealbreaker, at least at this point.  At 33, I'm not ready to hang up that possibility.  Maybe at 38? or 39?  But for now, I'd still like to envision a "meet, fall in love, get hitched, make a baby".  I waited 30 years to be a mom, and I love it more than anything I've ever done.  I'm just not ready to say, "That's it." 

AND!

I'm meeting Brett for coffee on lunch.  A THREE POST DAY!  Can you stand it?  I'll let you know how it goes... my sinuses are packed, The Girl barfed at 4am, I AM NOT WEARING MASCARA, I have a zit that's almost healed on top of my nose, and I stayed up past my bedtime brooding and eating homemade chocolate cookies with Nutella frosting and Oh Henry's last night...

Not an optimal dating day.  But I'm getting back on that horse.

2 comments:

  1. Yeehaw! Tell me more about those Nutella frosted choc chip cookies...mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ahem* it's Backburner Brett's biggest fan here...

    with the new info about Josh I'm kinda thinking my fantasy of BB sweeping you off your feet in spite of the lack of written communication spark could be back in play....

    At least I'm dreaming it's back in play.

    Can't wait for the afternoon update. Have a little poop for BB (as a favour to me).

    ReplyDelete