background

Monday, November 15, 2010

Snip.

Snip.

A few ways "Snip" works into this post.

Snip 1:
Josh and I did not meet this weekend.  The Girl is a coughing, vomiting disaster, and I am the only one (like seriously, the only person in a 250 kilometer radius) that will deal with that.  Josh also threw his back out at work.  So - Snip.  Cut that plan from my weekend.

Snip 2:
Josh drops that he's had a vasectomy, and he's not open to trying to reverse it.  This came up talking about his last attempt at dating.  It's one of the reasons it did not work out.

POSSIBLE Snip 3:
Me cutting this one loose.  I've always felt I'd give The Girl a sibling, single or not.  Wait a few years, and if I was still alone, turkey baste her a brother or sister.  It physically hurts my insides to consider not having a baby/nursing a baby/raising another child again.  I LOVE being a mom.  Totally do not reckon on never doing it again. 

Why is Snip 3 "possible"?   Because I know there are no guarantees in life.  What right do I have to be dissatisfied when I already have one AMAZING child in my life?  What if I meet someone with an unsnipped whatever-it-is-they-snip and fall in love and still have no more babies?  That's possible.  What if I don't meet anyone and try a turkey baster and that results in no babies?  That's possible too.  He also picked THE best weekend to tell me he's neutered...  Two full weeks of coughing, snotting, whining, puking The Girl.  UGH.   No more babies?  Let me wipe the milk curd barf off my cheek and think about that!

Is this a deal breaker?

11 comments:

  1. Yes. This is the reason I am completely against the big V. for men under the age of 50-possibly 60! Grr...I am weeping here for you, but you will always wonder 'what if....' There are plenty of Josh's out there.....and you haven't invested too much...carry on my wayward SMILF..they'll be peace when you are done...I forget the rest of the words..cue guitar riff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be a deal breaker for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I'd say deal breaker.. unless he's open to you having a child with another man while you're with him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly... I can't say deal breaker or not. I think it's for you to look inside and figure out what's right for you and for The Girl. YOU are the only person who will truly know, bare bones, how you feel.

    All I can offer is my unconditional love and support in whatever decision you make.

    There are a lot of Josh's out there. There's only one SMILF and only one The Girl. You take care of the two of you first and the rest will work itself out.

    Loving you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deal breaker for me. True Colours is right. There are other Josh's out there. There really are. It's hard to see the other Josh's through the rugged, cute, good-father-ness of this Josh, but I'm 100000% sure, there are other Josh's whose last relationships didn't work out for reasons other than not wanting more kids.

    Am very much looking forward to hearing what you decide when you're ready to share.

    Hope girly-pants is less vomity today. But if she's still all sick-like, I hope you enjoyed a fabulous day off work!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate because I also love being a mom and would like to give J a sibling, so if I were in your shoes it would definately be a deal breaker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I'm sure of, is that you WILL give The Girl a sibling some day. You are waaaay to good at being a Mom not too.

    Maybe Josh is open to more children just not open to more surgery (? is that how they unsnip a snip?)...

    Like all the other girls have said though - there are more J's out there...just better. Like version 2.0, where they want babies! If he is an adamant no-more-kids kind of guy, then he is certainly NOT your guy. That's one of those things you just can't reconcile. Go with your gut SMILF, it serves you well.

    Oh, and feel better please. Both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If a woman told me that she had her tubes tied that would most definitely be a deal breaker for ME.

    ...and I won't get my dog nootered, I certainly won't do it to myself!

    I agree 100% with Em, you've gotta go with your gut.

    *For clarification this is USA Brett

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or neutered

    For further clarification this is USA Brett that cannot spell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geez, I can't believe a facial is that important to you gals. Well, whatever floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete